Terms & Conditions
Update 15 December 2020: Due to new Covid-19 measures from the Dutch government, unfortunately, the Amsterdam Winter School 2020 has been canceled.
- Applicants have to be dancers with an advanced or (pre)professional level between the ages of 14 and 21 years old on 26 December 2020.
- Participants will be selected from the applications submitted and shall be notified of the results using their email address.
- Applications cannot be accepted without photographs and videos and will be processed only after the non-refundable application fee has been paid.
- The closing date for all applications is 20 November 2020.
- The decision of the administration is final, and no correspondence will be entered into if the result of the application is not favorable. The application fee will not be reimbursed to applicants not chosen for the course.
- The administration reserves the right to retain the complete or part of the course and/or accommodation fee in the event of the applicant’s withdrawal.
- In case the administration has to cancel the Winter School due to Covid 19 related circumstances, all paid fees (except for the application fee) will be refunded to the participant.
- The final schedule for the course shall be posted on the notice board of the studios on the first day of the course.
- The administration reserves the right to change the members of the faculty in the event of illness or any unpredictable event.
- All participants must bring appropriate dancewear as specified within the information bulletin that will be sent to the participants who are admitted to the course. Women are expected to bring a supply of pointe shoes.
- The administration cannot be held responsible for any damage or injury, however caused, to any person attending the course or third parties, nor for the loss or damage of any property, on or off the premises of the course or of the Stayokay hostel.
- The participant is obliged to take out personal health, travel, and accident insurances.
- No participant can attend the course if carrying an injury that will prevent them from full participation of the course. The judgment of the administration is final.
- All classes are compulsory and the administration reserves the right to end the participation within the course for any student who misses classes without a valid reason. If absence from a class is unavoidable, participants are required to inform the coordinator of their intended absence before the class begins.
- During the course, the administration may take photographs and/or make recordings (both audio and video) for archives and/or publicity purposes.
- Conditions for the Winter School might be changed over time. In case this happens, the administration will notify the applicants in a timely manner by email.
- For occurrences in which these terms and conditions do not foresee, the decision of the administration is final.
Amsterdam, October 2020