Update regarding the Coronavirus/COVID-19
Due to the current situation in Italy regarding the Coronavirus/COVID-19, ESB has changed its conditions for the ESB Summer School 2020. On June 15th 2020, the administration will take a final decision whether or not it is safe to organize the Summer School. ESB will follow government guidelines. In case the Summer School would have to be cancelled, all paid fees (except the application fee) will be refunded. In addition, we have extended the deadline for applications to May 1st 2020. In case of questions, please contact us at .
- Applicants have to be dancers with an advanced or professional level between the ages of 11 and 21 years old on July 13th 2020, depending on the course the applicant will be attending.
- Participants will be selected from the applications submitted and shall be notified of the results using their email address.
- Applications cannot be accepted without video and photographs (unless the participant did already receive a letter of acceptance from the administration, or is already enrolled as a student at ESB) and will be processed only after the application fee has been paid.
- Closing date for all applications is 1 May 2020. However, due to the limited number of places available, candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible.
- The decision of the administration is final, and no correspondence will be entered into if the result of the application is unfavorable. The application fee will not be reimbursed to applicants not chosen for the course.
- The administration reserves the right to retain the complete or part of the course fee in the event of the applicants withdrawal.
- In case the participant has registered for the Accommodation Package and gets accepted into the course, from that point on, the fee for the Accmmodation Package is non-refundable.
- The final schedule for the course shall be posted on the notice board of the studios on the first day of the course.
- The administration reserves the right to change the members of the faculty in the event of illness or any unpredictable event.
- All participants must bring appropriate dancewear as specified within the information bulletin that will be send to the participants who are admitted to the course. Women are expected to bring a supply of pointe shoes.
- The administration cannot be held responsible for any damage or injury, however caused, to any person attending the course or third parties, nor for the loss or damage of any property, on or off the premises of the course or any to the course related locations.
- All participants are obliged to take out personal health, travel and accident insurances.
- No participant can attend the course if carrying an injury that will prevent them from full participation of the course. The judgement of the administration is final.
- All classes are compulsory and the administration reserves the right to end the participation within the course for any student who misses classes without a valid reason. If absence to a class is unavoidable, participants are required to inform the coordinator of their intended absence before the class begins.
- During the course, the administration may take photographs and/or make recordings (both audio and video) for archives and/or publicity purposes.
- Conditions for the Summer School might be changed over time. In case this happens, the administration will notify the applicants and participants in a timely manner by email.
- For occurrences in which these terms and conditions do not foresee, the decision of the administration is final.
Amsterdam, March 2020